I want to share a great recipe that I found last month. It's one I've made a couple of times and have found that it is really versatile.
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken or beef broth
Salt and pepper
8 oz. egg noodles or any type of pasta
2 5-oz cans of tuna or 1 14-oz can of salmon (can even use chicken)
2 15-oz cans of any type of vegetables
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
3/4 cup of shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray 11 X 7 baking dish.
2. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour for about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and broth and cook mixture, stirring it until mixture becomes thick and smooth. This will take about 10 miuntes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare boiling water for noodles. Cook noodles for about half the normal cooking time. You want them soft but not quite done. Drain noodles and place in baking dish.
4. Stir in sauce, tuna, and vegetables and mix well. Evenly spread in baking dish.
5. Mix bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let me know how this turns out for you. This dish will usually last us for two and my lunch for a day or two. I have found it's a pretty quick meal that I can make. It's also a way to add fish into our diet. Enjoy!